Afford a new computer.?

NeoZion

Nov 9, 2010
I'm studying for a degree in computer science, but I'm afraid (due to the financial climate) I am really low on cash, I'm eating one (I ensure it nutritious) decent meal a day and I haven't spent a penny on clothes or a night out in a year.

I've been trying to get a job (I had to leave my old one when we moved), but of course its hard for full time people to get jobs let alone, one for me simply to get me through uni.

If nothing changes, I can afford to pay the rent and all the basics, but my computer (three year old Mac), gave up the ghost two weeks back, I'm studying computer science so I don't believe I need to tell you I NEED A COMPUTER. My mum lives off a bereavement benefit after my Dad died so I can't ask my family for a little cash. I can't take out another loan without a proper job, I can just pay off my current loan slowly (providing my rent or nothing else goes up in price).

My uni can't help and I've been looking for a job that can fit around my study's for months, just using a computer in uni doesn't cut it.

Any ideas, I fear that I may have to drop out get a full time job (providing I can find one) and hopefully save every penny I don't need to live and restart uni next year.

Back