Suggest some new cartoons for me?

chris

May 12, 2008
Greetings everyone! I have a decently sized collection of cartoon dvds that I watch very frequently. I'm not running out quite yet, but I am always looking to expand and I am hoping to suckle off of your knowledge for some new cartoons to look into.

Values:
- ~11 minute story arcs (60-90 minutes for feature length)
- Self-contained stories
- Quality/unique/humorous animation
- Comedy
- Occasionally, pure nostalgia

Anti-Values:
- Action based cartoons
- Morality preaching cartoons
- Corporate driven cartoons
- Stories that last longer than an episode
- Almost all animation from the 1980s
- The majority of eastern animation

This picture is my collection as of now.
http://s24.postimage.org/h15wsyb7p/collectionjpg.jpg

Left to right, newest releases first
(Top Row) Rude Removal, Superjail, The Mighty B!, Powerpuff Girls Z, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Animatrix, Rugrats: All Grown Up, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (feature), The Ripping Friends, Sheep in the Big City, Boo Boo Runs Wild / A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Iron Giant

(Second Row) Spongebob Squarepants, Ed Edd n Eddy, The Fairly Odd Parents, The Powerpuff Girls, Catdog, The Goddamn George Liquor Program, Cow and Chicken, Angry Beavers, South Park

(Third Row) South park (cont.), The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald, Johnny Bravo, Pokemon, Freakazoid, Dexter's Laboratory, What a Cartoon!, Toy Story, Animaniacs

(Fourth Row) AAHHH! Real Monsters, 2 Stupid Dogs, Rocko's Modern Life, Aladdin, Shin Chan, Eek the Cat, Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, Tiny Toon Adventures, The Little Mermaid, The Simpsons, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures

(Fifth Row) Fritz the Cat, Dr. Seuss Classics, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Tex Avery's Droopy, Tom and Jerry, Pinocchio, Looney Tunes, Cartoon Classics

Based on my preferences, please suggest some new titles to look at!
Feel free to be as short or long winded as you like; a simple list or a detailed explanation as to why x cartoon is fantastic or perhaps some clips showcasing the greatness of a particular title.

One other thing to keep in mind is the difference between a cartoon and animation. Not all animation is a cartoon.

I hope that most everyone uses Y! Answers as a way to spread knowledge, but if you're only in it for the points, I will be choosing "Best Answer" based on if someone gives a good suggestion even if it is simple, a bad suggestion if it is thought out, or anything in between.

If you would like to have a bit of a longer chat, please email me at [email protected]

P.S. Here is a list of titles that I either do not have yet but am planning on getting or cannot find at all. Titles that I cannot find are marked with an asterisk and if you know where to download them online please let me know!

- The Schnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show*
- Whatever Happened to Robot Jones*
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons*
- Grim and Evil*
- Evil Con Carne*
- Random! Cartoons*
- Kablam!*
- MEGA Babies*
- Various feature films
- Chowder
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (series)
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics
- Additions to some already indexed series'

P.P.S. Here are some very commonly recommended cartoons that don't make the cut for me right now. I'll just save you the keystokes.

- Hey Arnold
- Adventure Time with Jake and Finn
- Regular Show

i think dragonball is good enough...........if you watch too much, you will become a couch potato

Back