07 ford focus abs light after drum brake adjustment?

Shawn

May 13, 2008
took it to the shop to have drum brakes adjusted and now abs light is on, is it something stupid that i can fix or should i take it back.
ya there is drum brakes on it, from what all auto shops tell me they keep making the focus drum brakes different, and that the 07 is the worse, they want alot more money to change shoes or do any work with the brakes then most cars because its a pain.

probably knocked the wheel sensor out when adjusting the brakes, sounds suspicious as most drum brakes today are self adjusting, does an 07 focus even have drum brakes(on the back)?

ABS light means that your Anti-brake system has turn it self off & found an fault. Your brake system should be operating normally despite the ABS light but if you do get into an accident the abs won't kick it during sudden braking. So, take it to the shop because they are responsible to make any adjustment when they made the repair. Just have your work order ready, they will plug in a ABS Scan tool to see what went wrong. Sometimes the sensor will get dirty during brake service from grease or Brake Cleaner & Low Tire Pressure could cause an Abs light. Good luck if anything go to Auto zone/Advance Auto Parts & ask for free scan tool check & copy down the error code & Google it. Good Luck

Back