1989 Nissan 4x4 truck, automatic headlights not working, seems to be a short.?

Marcel

Aug 17, 2008
Hello, I have had this problem a few times now, as it comes and goes for some reason. I first notice the problem when my battery light comes on, which first led me to believe it's over charging or something. But the battery is fine, the charging seems fine. When the key is off and I rub the positive terminal against the battery post I get a spark, which means a short somewhere. I have two wires I traced to the ignition, and then from there I'm not sure where they go, I get lost easy with this auto wiring. I guess my question would be where is the control box that automatically turns on the headlights? This is converted to european standards I guess, because the lights are always on the off position, and they come on when I start the truck. I should also mention that when I put the light switch to to the on position they work just fine, and the highs and everything work fine as well. But there is still that short somewhere. I'm really stuck with this, I've tried tracing wires all over the place, but the short is running from me. I appreciate any help.

Marcel

Back