A Horse Survey for horse lovers?

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? I haven't purchased a horse yet. I love the names Caruso for a male horse or Aamira for a female horse, though :)We'd be here for a while if I was to name all the horses I've ever ridden.2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) Dressage. Used to do jumping and western, I just found dressage more challennging.3. What's your favorite horse breed and why?Andalusians - beauty, intelligence, grace. What more could you ask for? :p They are one of the more "romantic" breeds. They tend to excel in Dressage which is another plus for me, aswell.4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse?I asked a question like this before. You can check out my questions to see the answers, if you like.Mine would probably be how each horse's personality differs so much. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense, people are the same way.5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse?I used to partboard a horse, I really liked his work ethic, how he carried himself and he was very pretty :)6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? My overall position, if you don't have an effective position not much else matters, so I worry about this constantly. Namely, my legs. Trying to keep from tensing up is difficult, I find, aswell.7. What would you like to get better at?I want to learn more. I want to show (sort of). I want more experience all together.8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices?Nope9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far?Being overall happy with my own attempts and with my horses. I can't name one thing in particular.10. Why do you love and ride horses?I could name everything I love about them but I wouldn't be satisfied that that would be good enough answer so I'll just say, I don't know why, they're just a part of me. I'm not happy (to say the least) when I'm not around them. 11.Why did you start riding?I always wanted to and finally got the opportunity. It was one of my best experiences :)12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not.of course, it's to do with horses :p

1. Teak and Chrome2. western gaming with chrome and teak's an old pasture mate3. qh and paints- cuz they're just cool like that, and i like their markings4. the cost of hay5. t- sweet and cuddly c- amazing to ride and snuggle with!6. i have no idea... um... going from a complete beginner rider to an fairly great rider in less than 2 years. 7. staying off of chrome's face when i think she's going to turn into a pole or barrel!8. t- bucking if she doesn't get her way c- cribs sometimes, but hardly ever. 9. going from a complete beginner to a fairly great rider in less than 2 years and winning money and awards, increasing speed and decreasing times!10. tell what's Not to like about it? it's fun!11. because my new neighbors were moving when i first moved in and couldn't take teak with them so they gave her to me, and i started 4h with her and did a couple shows, then i started lessons for 8 months before getting my own riding horse. so, i kinda had to start riding horses, and it's in my blood!12. it was ok, i have something to do, but i've answered these things a million times!

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? Jessie Bella Cleopatra2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) All three!3. What's your favorite horse breed and why?Arabian, they are smart, reliable and fast, extremely viable and pretty!4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse?That they are so fun to be around!5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse?Everything, but mostly smartness. She comes when I whisle, looks at me kindly, etc.6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? Keeping it happy.7. What would you like to get better at?Taking care of her in speed.8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices?No.9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far?I won a competition, race.10. Why do you love and ride horses?Because it feels like I ride the wind. I am united with my horse.11.Why did you start riding?Because I loved animals so much, and 'cause my mom plunked me on the saddle and I DIDN'T WANNA STOP!12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not.Sure I did! It was fun!

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? hank, annie and boo2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) i do the all around3. What's your favorite horse breed and why?quarter4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse?there are too many to list.5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse? they are all great show horses6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? western riding and getting my lead changes in the right spots7. What would you like to get better at?western riding8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices?no9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far?hank was 3rd in the hus at the 2007 aqha congress10. Why do you love and ride horses?i have always done it.11.Why did you start riding?my mom had horses12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not.it was okay

1-peaches & danahe2-bareback3-arabian,the beauty and the grace4-price of feed5-her trust in me6-nuthin7-nuthin8-no9-not to get dumped10-its relaxing11-who knows,started 40 yrs.ago12-i guess

1-Lilly2-western/mountain/trail3-thoroughbred because they are beautiful and there speed is so fun4-when my horse fell on me and how it effected her and me and how or friendship grew stronger5-shes a gentle giant will I'm not on her but when i get on she plays up a bit but she is beautiful and i will never sell her6-getting my confidence back up after my fall and trying to study for school when all i can think about is my horses7-stopping/slowing down8-no9-teaching my horse to trust people again10-because its fun and Ive always loved horses since i was born so i guess its in my genes11-because my pop tout me on his best horse and i always wanted to ride because i use to love the saddle club12-yes, because it made me remember when and why i started ridding and loving horses

1. Buttercup and Spade2. Western3. I like Buckskins and Paints because they are so cute!4. I fell of a horse when I rode on one once.5. They are loving, and fun to have!6. Trying to remember and check the weather to make sure if they needed to go in the barn in case of rain or storms!7. Riding.8. vices?? (whats that? )9. Training them.10. They are cute and fun.11. my mother always wanted to have horses so we got some since we had 22 acres of land and a 4 acre horse pasture and a barn!12. Sure, I like taking surveys.

1 Seahawk Gold2 English pleasure, a little of dressage with moderate jumping but mostly bush riding3 Standardbred, they are a cost effective alternative to a warmblood with a huge range. Great atheticism and tremendous heart. Very calm and even tempered. And dependant on the line can be very pretty.4 The amount of red tape that has to be negotiated to ride outside of a yard.5 His go.6 So many to choose from...7 Classical dressage riding8 No classic vices, no biting kicking cribbing bolting rearing weaving or windsucking. Just generally annoying bordering on difficult.9 Too many to name.10 The feel of riding, the freedom, the adrenaline of flying over a jump or perfecting a dressage movement. 11 I was envious of the partnerships I'd seen of 80kg humans asking and getting amazing actions from a totally different 500kg species.12 Yes, the survey got me to assess the original reasons why I started to ride and why i want to continue.

1. Brian2. English3. Arab- although I only have thoroughbreds now4. The price you can buy really decent horses for - if you know where to look5. His character- he's a funny little man and he bites my husband!6. Riding an ex racehorse and managing (eventually) to stop it!! Just before it took a 7 foot open ditch!7. I'd really like more confidence8. He head shakes sometimes, and he will crib bite if he hasn't been out for a few days.9. I don't know 10. Challenge, outdoors, fresh air, horses on the whole I love11. When I was a kid I started because I deperately wanted to - then stopped after a bad fall and started againa few years back as my husband started teaching me again...12. Good survey as its nice to see other people responses...

1) Dapples (Arab Gelding) & Dezjaun (Appi Mare) Owned.2) I Ride in a western pleasure saddle and trail ride though the mountains of Australia. (very cool)3) i would have to say Arabs as i love the challange, but also love QH as they are a sturdy horse.4) That i havent fallen off my Arab yet! Owned him 11yrs now.5) Personality (Arab) Conformation & color (Appi)6) None.bl%%dy love it.!7) Floating my horses by myself (loading).8) Yep (Arab) pretty much everything.! But darn good mountian horse. None (Appi) she is the opposite of what my Arab represents.!9) NEVER falling off my Arab, close calls though.!10) They feeling of coming over that mountain at sunset on your best mate (Arab) and feeling nothing but calm. Nothing beats it.!11) Just loved everything that horses have to offer.12) very cool, you get to know me and my horses and love talking about my horses.. Well done.

Heya1. Ruben2. English3.New forest kind friendly nature.Easy to do and train.4.Nothing really ive had them since i was born5.him being so calm6. Keeping to it, Going up everyday in the freezing cold.7. I would like him to go out better on his own8. He throws the odd buck but non others9. erm..... getting champion with my tb10. Its relaxing11. My mum has always owned horses. My grandad was a horse dealer and my other grandad was a breeder so it runs in the family.12. Yes i was bored and now im not=] xxx

1. Le Chic (Pride)2.Showjumping3.Irish Sport Horse - they are the best!!!!!4.How much the cost..... how much hard work they are....... 5.She is slightly insane......just like her mum....6.Catching my current horse..... staying on my last ones back!7.Everything..... you never know everything about horses and there is always room to improve my ridding8.Loading9.Catching my horse after two months in a big field10.Because horses are like a drug to me i'm totally addicted!11.I don't remember i was 3 years old12.I like anything that involves talking about my mare!

1. Jazz.2. English and Western3. Quarter Horses because their so versatile.4. How much responsibility it is and you have your good and bad days.5. I like the way he's trained and is conformation6. Trying to be a better rider and learning to understand my horse.7. Using my seat8. He's very pushy9. Adjusting to western pleasure10. They're great animals and I can't imagine not being around them for long11. I loved horses12. It was alright and made me think a little.

1. I own a prettly dapple grey mare called Prelude (Panda)2. I ride mainly english, and compete in dressage and show jumping3. Trakehner - My first horse was a trakehner, and although she was a nightmare, she had outstanding talent. At the moment, olympic rider Antony Petris rides and trains her (he competed for Greece)My current (2nd) horse is also a trakehner.4. The amount of time and work it takes! Yet i found it was a good thing, since id never been allowed to stay at the riding school for as long, and as often as i do now.5. Well, my horse actually arrives from bulgaria tomorrow! however, thefew times i rode her there, she was so easy going, smooth and although she's only 6, helped me out in quite a few tricky situations. Although i didnt bond with her yet, like i did with her sister(my old horse) she seemed to truly be trying to please whoever rode her.6. Wow. My first horse. She was so perfect when we bought her, i even rode her for a week twice a day beofre we made the final decission, however something went wrong during her journey, and she went crazy. I believe there is nothing better than a difficult horse to ride to make you improve. I really needed to learn how to feel exactly what she's going to do and react to things, and to know what to do when something bad happened. I dont think i'd be anywhere near my current level without her. Unfortunaely, she fell on me and broke my leg, and my parents sold her....7. Deffinately not being such a big softie. All the horses know how to get a treat out of me!But seriously, i need to get more confident in my jumping, and handling horses.8. Not that I know of. My old horse used to chew on everythig, but that stopped once we took out her wolf teeth.9. a massive 145cm oxer on my old horse, 140cm 2nd time i rode Panda, and a course of 115cm on her the same day!10. Oh gawd. No one knows. Ive loved them since i was small, and always wanted to learn how to ride. No one in my family has had anything to do with horses except me.11. Same as 10.. I guess i was pestering my parents, and they finally gave in haha12. Yeah I do. Its always fun when someone posts surveys like this. You can share your experiences with horses, and read about other people's. I love them <3

1. Chance (Delayed Reaction)2.English, Dressage, and Eventing3.Quarter Horse because thats what my horse is4.The fact that they can at anytime get sick/go lame5.his personality6.not being scared of trying new things7.jumping8.yes, he runs away someimtes in the pasture9.jumping new heights10.they are just like best friends11.i thought that horses were the best things and i was right12.it was okay

Back