Are hackers interested in private photos of a male?

surya

Apr 26, 2008
Quite awhile ago i sent a few pictures of myself from waist down (only) to a person i don't know apart from online. Yes it was stupid and i didn't think much of it then, but i do realize the possible consequences of such an action now. I'm not the type of guy that would even think about doing something like this, i don't know why i did but i would never do it again.

Anyway i was reading something about hackers hacking the emails of young women and sending their nude photos in their in-box out to people and blackmailing them etc. This made me think about the pictures i sent a long time ago. I'm quite worried now about a hacker hacking the email of the girl i sent these pics to over the net, scanning her in-box and finding these pics i sent (if they are still there) and then possibly forwarding them on to all her contacts, just because he/she can.

My question is do you think that a hacker would care or even have reason/motive to send pics of a person they don't know (and considering i am a male) to others? I am not recognizable by face, but i do think my full name was in my email address at the time (I have since edited my security settings and taken out my name).

I am aware that I'm an idiot for doing this, and i have brought it on myself but it's out of my control now so I'm looking for peace of mind, do u think I'm safe? Or am i over thinking this? Thanks in advance.

PS - the email service used was Hotmail.
@Star_Gate96 - I guess i thought they would just do it for fun or something. Thanks for reply ;)

Back