Are Lutherans Orthodox Christians?

Lauren1

May 12, 2008
Sorry if this is a really stupid question. But I'm Lutheran and I know it is part of Christianity but I don't really know what Orthodox means, thanks in advance.

Absolutely!

The FAITH and the Message of the Faith of Christ

One should not confuse the two although the two go together.

One day, Jesus explained to his disciples what FAITH was by asking: Who do you say I am? And one of them stood up and said: Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living GOD. And Jesus taught them right there, at that very moment, that it was on this (spiritual) rock, this fundamental truth, that HE would build HIS (spiritual) house. This fundamental belief was the cornerstone (basic building block) on which would rest HIS house (church); and all those who shared that particular belief would be attached to HIM like (living) stones to this very new spiritual household of GOD.

All that was asked from the sons of Israel was for them to recognize who Jesus was. All those confessing the fact that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living GOD, had the FAITH which was common to all. Then, followed the message of the faith (of Jesus Christ) which had been proclaimed by the Christ, HIS apostles and HIS holy prophets.

Lutherans are Protestant Christians. In fact, they were the first Protestant denomination.

Well, Lutherans are "orthodox" in that they are not a cult, they believe in pretty much the same basic beliefs as most Christians. However they are not "Orthodox," part of the Orthodox Church which is a different branch of Christianity.
Lutherans are some of the more liturgical Protestants.

Back