Battery warning light - New Sub & AMP cause?

Brenton

Jun 7, 2008
-Sorry for the long background story, but i didnt know what to cut out

I have just gotten a duel sub and amp installed in my car (2x 12" fusion reactor sub & 900 watt mono block amp) and about a week or so after having it in the battery warning light started coming on sometimes, not for long periods just for mabey 5 seconds or so then turn off and it would keep doing this at almost complete random times.
but about a week ago i left the car on battery standby (or whatever its called) for about 30- 40 min and then on the hour drive home the battery light was coming on quite a lot. and when i got home i turned the car off then tried to start it again and the battery was flat. (this is a 3 month old battery).
In the car manual apparently that battery warning light means the alternator is not working properly.
so the local mechanic came around and put a new battery in and took the old one back to put it on a charger. next day it was fine and they put it back in. i told him about the battery light so they put a multimeter on it and it seemed to be charging fine. and to come back if it comes on again.

ALSO it should be noted that when they put the new battery in the first thing i did was disconnect the power fuse that runs to the amp, and when driving for a bit the battery warning light came on again!! maybe for only 5 seconds but it came back on with the AMP and sub disconnected from the battery. and all i had was the radio with just normal car speaker playing.

The car is a 2002 Holden commodore by the way

-SO is this all the cause of the new amp ans sub or just a coincidence that the alternator decided to shit its self? or any other comments would be great

Thanks for taking the time, its appreciated

Back