Bittorrent help?! ?!?

Tum1

Jul 13, 2009
My bittorrent is always uploading and downloading something even when all the torrents i have started are finished. If i hover the mouse over the Bittorent icon in the bottom right corner of my screen i can see the speeds and usually they are around 2-3kb/s for upload and download? Why is this happening?

Perhaps your program is sharing the file you just downloaded, with others. If this wasn't automatic, most people wouldn't know to share the file after they've downloaded it and therefore there wouldn't be anyone sharing the file for you to download it in the first place.

Bittorrents (also known as "torrents") work by downloading small bits of files from many different web sources at the same time. Torrent downloading is extremely easy to use, and outside of a few torrent search providers, torrents themselves are free of user fees.

When you download a file you then upload a small bit to whoever is looking for that file. Or you have a virus.

It's just updating the tracker and other info...what torrents you have, what files you have for those torrents, what pieces of those files, which are stopped, which are started, which are finished, what pieces you need, what pieces others are requesting...all this is continually being updated if you have the program open.

Back