Boston or Washington DC?

AlexB

May 20, 2008
Me and my family are planning a holiday to New York City and are thinking about an extension (via amtrak) to either washington DC or boston. What is there to do in both of these places and which would be better?
We are going this autumn by the way

I've been to both. I love them both!! Washington D.C has for more "stuff" to do. But Boston has some cool things to do like the Freedom Trail, Bunker Hill Monument, Museum of Science. If you decide to go to Boston go on a Duck Boat Tour. You get on Museum of Science and they drive around Boston and show you some cool buildings, then you go on to a river and look at everything from water. It is very kid oriented :)

Then if you go to D.C contact your senators office and get a tour of the Capitol Building. It is very cool and I enjoyed it. Then if you want to go up in the Washington Monument I would buy tickets ahead of time because they sell out in like an hour when you get them for that day. D.C is better though because most of the things you do there is free. the Smithsonian, monuments, some of the tours like with the Capitol building.

Whatever you pick have a good time :)

Hope I helped :)

Back