C drive is corrupted?

ShuoC

Dec 23, 2008
The internet connection on my new laptop isn't working right now, as is the case at least once a week ... grrr.. telus.
anyways, i turned to my old computer(of about 7 years)and found out its internet was working. So i went on, but ever since about a year ago the old computer got painstakingly slow, and we barely use it anymore, and although we tried uninstalling those useless programs,nothing seemed to help. Don't come up to me about this or that antivirus program. They only make the problem worse by lowering the memory space and besides one of them didn't even open. That's when i decided to defragment the computer, and while the computer was analyzing, i got a notice from the computer saying that the C Drive was corrupted, and that it was unable to operate. Then the defragmenter just crashed, and it took a while to get everything working again. It advised me to run a program, and when i did, it said
"cannot lock current drive. Drive is in use by another process" even though nothing was running at the time
Strange enough, although the computer itself was slow, download speeds were at broadband levels, if not T1 speed. The computer was bought in 2002-2003, running Windows XP, and at the time was one of the finest and most expensive available. Now it is hardly worth $100. What does it mean to have a corrupt C Drive and how can i fix it?
btw if you must know it is an
HP Pavilion f1703
running Windows XP Home Basic

Sounds like your hard drive failed. Try reinstalling windows or try another drive in your computer to see if it works.

When you say this, "Drive is in use by another process" it means you have a virus dude sorry to say that. O, and just so you know a Windows base computer is safe of about 20 minute, and that is for the first log-on only: after you are very screwed.
I would take it a computer shop to get fixed if I was you.

All I could say is back up your files(if you can) and format your dirve ^_^

Back