Calls from 'Windows technical support'

FlyingMonk

Feb 25, 2008
Just had a call from a bloke with a very odd accent who said he was calling from Windows technical support. He told me my system had been infected by a serious virus and that he needed to talk me through some steps on my computer so I could see what the problem was. Sounded a bit dodgy to me so I told him I couldn't get to my computer right now. We have up to date virus protection in place and I've not heard of anything particularly nasty doing the rounds at the moment. Anyone else had a call like that recently?

Pass the number to the Police. Give me your bank details. I need an account to deposit £5 million in that I've just inherited. I really don't want to pay the tax

I just got another one.

those friggin east indian accent call centers that say you have a virus on your computer and ask you to turn it on so they can 'fix it' Those pieces of crap wont ever stop, will they??!! I just got another 1 of those thunderdouche calls. I hate them!!

Anyone else STILL get them??

My PC is only couple months old with proper antivirus and mal-ware protectionl. Random Middle Eastern person calls me, tells me she magically received notice of "infections" and needs full control over my system. Seems LEGIT. *sarcasm*

Back