Chop off the arms and legs of every male between the ages of 14 and 40

Yes it was - that's when it was at it's worst. But the atmosphere was fantastic in grounds back then. You had terraces at virtually every ground, and it was dead cheap to get in.

Ahh, I see. I've only been in the UK 8 years, so just getting some info from you. Cheers!

Na.. more of a rugby union person myself, but will watch it on telly cause my mates make me..

Though, I would like to check out a game one day, just to get a feel for the atmosphere. Looks like fun, get drunk and sing/chant, not that I would know what I'm on about.

You shouldn't have told Jonno that

If you go to a football game and you want to get drunk, make sure you do it beforehand or at half time, as you're not allowed drinks on the terraces/seats.

Beats me.. I'm in Finchley, North London. There are a lot of Jewish folk around here, so maybe Tottenham, but I also see a lot of Arsenal fans sometimes. What do you reckon?

Without looking at a map, I'd say that Arsenal would be the nearest, followed by Barnet and then Tottenham.

Just because there are lots of Jewish people around doesn't mean that you live in some sort of Spurs Ghetto, by the way! Lots of Jewish people support Arsenal too.

In that case, if I ever decide to go, I think I will make it an Arsenal game.. Go Gooners, or something like that..

There will probably be a lot more atmosphere at Spurs! I'm sure that Arsenal's new ground will be pretty good, but whether it will have more atmosphere than 'the library' did remains to be seen. (It was the quietest ground I've ever been to - and they probably had the smallest and quietest away support I've ever seen too! )

I've never been to highbury, but there is definately a lot of noise at the Lane. More than Stamford Bridge anyway.

I went to The Library years ago, and it was like a morgue. I've been to a few London grounds, but not WHL or Stamford Bridge.

WHL has pretty got atmosphere, especially in the East and South stands. I went to the Spurs-Chelski game at Stamford Bridge last season and there was a fair bit of noise there from both sides. I didn't really enjoy Villa park, but it was a pretty dire match, so that could have played a part.

Back