citroen berlingo mpv diesel?

STEPHEN

May 13, 2008
I would like information about the citroen 19d diesel.
If anyone out there has ever owned or does own a diesel Ber lingo, I would like to know about them. As I would like to purchase one in the future.
I already own a citroen c15 diesel van. And I am amazed at how good the engine is. Although the body work is getting a bit tatty. This wouldn't bother me but I have an eight year old daughter and the mother does not want me to take her daughter to far in it.
So what I thought was to buy a car with the same "cracking" engine i.e. the Ber lingo.

Another reason I would like this engine again is that I have been putting in waste cooking oil in with the diesel to "bulk it out" and lower my fuel running costs (and of course to save the environment) This diesel engine runs fine on this mix.

What I would like to know is: Which models incorporate what?
I would like to know what does Hdi stand for and what does it mean. Are they all power steering versions ( I have never owned a car with power steering. I think it is just one more thing to go wrong)

But this is the most important question I would like answered: I have been told that after a certain year the model is changed to add a computerised engine management system.
This worries me as I wouldn't want to try putting waste veg oil in something that hi tec.

I have been told that they newer berlingo's do not Even have a throttle cable. It is all electronic.
That's to far for me.
So could any one out there give me in depth knowledge of the evolution of the berlingo please.
What year / model does all this electronic nonsense come in?
Or if you can not answer my questions, could you point me to a sight that can help me please?

Back