Cornbread breakfast recipes ?

MarkeshaT

Mar 1, 2013
What are some recipes to make with cornbread and eat it for breakfast :+) Thanks in advance.

Try this one: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cowboy-breakfast-bake/5205a86a-9137-4215-8b6e-a06b7d619f2f

Or search on pillsbury.com for cowboy breakfast bake, we just found it last weekend and it's incredible, to die for! If you don't want to make the cornbread from scratch, a box of Jiffy mix works just fine.

Cornbread Pancakes

Ingredients

34 cup all-purpose flour
34 cup cornmeal
2 tbsps white sugar
12 tsp baking powder
12 tsp baking soda
12 tsp salt
1 14 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
3 tbsps melted butter (cooled)

Directions

Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs and butter in a separate large bowl. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture until blended and smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute. Continue with remaining batter.

Texas Brunch:
Ingredients

6 eggs
8 ozs bacon
14 cup butter
14 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
12 cup sour cream
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
12 tsp black pepper
6 cornbread
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 green onions (chopped)

Directions

Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. When butter has melted, whisk in the flour. Stir until all lumps have dissolved. Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
As gravy begins to thicken, add chopped eggs and 2 cup cheese. Cook 3 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese and heat through. Stir in the sour cream, cayenne, salt and pepper; stir until heated through. Keep warm over low heat until ready to serve (do not boil).
Slice cornbread pieces and lay open on serving plates. Ladle a generous amount of egg mixture over the cornbread, top with remaining shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and green onion.

Well, there is this cornbread recipe my mom used to do. She would put little bits of egg and sausage and ham and bacon inside the mix and she would bake them if muffin pans. (I've seen people do it in other different ways). Or, f you're vegetarian, you could put green and red and banana peppers inside the mix too.

Sausages and sausage gravy like bob evans... sooooooooooo bad for the diet, though.

Answer mine it's easy (everyone please I want about 20 responses) you can even Email me if you don't want to hurt your best answers percent:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Au1oBTjk5gYj7XJAr5T72DDsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20130228174930AAkXciN

I would just make cornbread and use it like any type of bread, have even made cornbread "french toast", though I admit it was more like cornpone fritters. Tasted damn good, though.

Back