Did you know God has a sense of humor? See this scripture: God sits in heaven...

cami

Jun 7, 2008
...and laughs? God sits in heaven and laughs…
(Ps. 2:4)

Spend time in God's Presence to refuel on the "fullness of joy" and be on the lookout for "laughable" things today. Remember the joy of the Lord is your strength!
Greg this message is for you. Since you think I posted a scripture that does not prove that God laughs. I think the laugh is on you sir.
Psalm 2 (The Message)

Psalm 2

1-6 Why the big noise, nations? Why the mean plots, peoples?
Earth-leaders push for position,
Demagogues and delegates meet for summit talks,
The God-deniers, the Messiah-defiers:
"Let's get free of God!
Cast loose from Messiah!"
Heaven-throned God breaks out laughing.
At first he's amused at their presumption;
Then he gets good and angry.
Furiously, he shuts them up:
"Don't you know there's a King in Zion? A coronation banquet
Is spread for him on the holy summit."

7-9 Let me tell you what God said next.
He said, "You're my son,
And today is your birthday.
What do you want? Name it:
Nations as a present? continents as a prize?
You can command them all to dance for you,
Or throw them out with tomorrow's trash."

You really should read it in context, because God is not laughing at them in fun and joy. It is in scorn and ridicule that He mocks them.
Just read all 5 verses you will see that it is a sarcastic laugh and God is about to get them.

Ps 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
Ps 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Ps 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Ps 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Ps 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Amen sister! People always perceive God as some punisher and unfair deity. people need to know that God does not always punish or scold! Laughter is the best medicine, joy is good for the bones (from the bible)

of course he does he is are father he punishes us when we do wrong and enjoys are company when we are good!

OH man, I sure hope so. I'm counting on it, in fact. Otherwise I am in a HEAP of trouble.

God does have a wonderful since of humor. Satan would love you to think he is boring and mean though. I notice that Jesus had to be serious most of the time because he was picked on all the time by the pharisees. We will see God's since of humor when he gets rid of all the evil in the world.

Back