Dieting and exercising for health and happiness? Healthy recipes?

RyRyTerrify

Oct 4, 2010
I am seventeen years old, with a so-so metabolism. I must work off what I eat, but I do not gain weight excessively. I am 5'5 and 165 pounds but it does not show. I have large breasts and a bubble butt which people assume holds most of my weight. I don't know, or care. All I know is that my thighs are rather "thundery" and my stomach is pudgy. Examples here-->

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs046.snc4/34642_10150221619355082_730685081_13376985_7321973_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs557.snc3/30463_10150221619365082_730685081_13376987_6853420_n.jpg

I'm on the left in the striped shirt.

I don't eat a lot of junk as a rule, if I snack on anything "junky" it will be a few cookies with milk or Orville Redenbacher's SmartPop. My favourite snacks are marble cheese on stone wheat thins with chai tea, or whole wheat nachos with salsa. I try to eat six "meals" a day but with my hectic senior year, babysitting, taking care of my animals and keeping the basement clean, I lose track a lot. I am also rather fond of pastas and red meat. My favourite meals are lasagna, spaghetti, steak/roast with mashed potatoes.

I do not have any health issues per se, but I am genetically a "tree trunk" -- my dad is very 'thick' too, and his eating habits have made him fat. Since genetically I take after him I don't want to end up like him, so I was wondering, what can I do to get rid of the belly, and thin out my thighs, even slightly?

Exercise is crucial, I know that, I play my Wii a lot (it's good for cardio if you play 'the right games'). I play Wii Fit for 60 minutes every night and I play "Just Dance" which is an insane cardio exercise. I go jogging after school and push myself to go a little farther every time. I walk with my mother into town on weekends (we live 15 minutes out, it takes us 50 minutes to walk in).

I'd like tips, specific foods to eat, specific exercises... Is Pilates and Yoga helpful? I found Pilates to make me sore and I assume those are more for toning and flexibility.

Also I am trying to expand my culinary horizons (aka, I can't really cook, and I'm seventeen, how pitiful) so if there are any exceptionally healthy recipes I should try, I'd like those, as well.

I know I can google a lot of this but it helps to have people who know from experience and can tell me specifically tailored to my question instead of a generic google answer.

Thanks ahead of time!

Back