Do animals have chi and can you train them to use it?

Back on topic, is there a difference between quality and quantity of Chi? If you took an intelligent creature such as a dolphin it would have approximately the same body mass as us and a decent amount of intelligence, but would it be comparable to a much larger, instinct driven marine animal, say for example a giant squid?

Good question.

Also, could a person, by training in chi-kung, develop the same amount of chi as a much larger animal such as a giant squid?

First you need to define how much chi a rock has. At first glance it would seem none, however if you consider the phrase 'stuck between a rock and a hard place' you could deduce that a rock has an equal amount of chi energy as any place considered 'hard' or tough.

Now that we have established how a rock already has plenty of chi energy, we should consider the limits of our own perception. Is a rock a still lump of mineral, or is it in fact moving so fast or in such a manner that we are unable to perceive it? Having established the basic fact of the huge amounts of chi within a rock, I think it's safe to presume that the problem is in our own perception of a rock.

Finally we should consider whether the rock would roll up a hill, or if in fact it is a simple case of moving the hill under it. The hill may obviously consist of a larger quantity of rock, so what we need is a rock with a high quality of chi. Fossilized Giant Squid should do this fine.

Only grandmaster rocks can roll uphill, here's a video of some of the student rocks

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tHJKKdEo8TQ&feature=related

Thanks for the answer guys, both very good, but they appear to contradict. If rocks really do have as much chi as coma asserts then why is it they only get to move once every two or three years? Also, why do they never move when they are being observed or filmed - isn't that a bit sneaky?

So they're really Zen Ninja rocks? But isn't chi more of a kung fu thing?

Boy I'm confused.

Simple, there is an inverse relationship between movement and levels of chi. Consider a 5 year old kid, very little chi development but tons of energy and moving all the time. A man in his thirties will be moving a lot less and a pensioner is hardly moving. Some old people have so much chi energy they are literally bedridden from the neck down.

This has bought into question the levels in chi of your average couch potato, but if you consider the amount of food intake they would probably have high levels of low quality chi, virtually useless yet restricting their movement.

They do move, it's just that our own perception and technology are not sufficient to record it.

How much chi is generated from 3 Global Mods trolling their own site?
Must be a lot, maybe even a pint!

my dog has some kind of chi, i can always tell when she has used her chi powers, because it always smells of rotten egg after....

Back