does anyone know how many of these cars were made?

diannimation

Nov 9, 2008
we just bought a 1976 buick skyhawk, 2 door hatchback. i had never heard of them having a glass roof. its not a sunroof or t-tops, its fixed and built in to the car. its actually really cool, we heard they only made a few.

I dI1976: 15,769 (no model breakdown available)

I did a lot of research and this is all I could come up with.

It says that they made 15, 769 skyhawks in 1976. how ever it doesn't say how many were made with the Astro roof. that was what General motors called the glass roof model that you have. Now what I do know that General motors made Chevy Monza, Buick Skyhawk and the Oldsmobille skylark. These cars were all of the H body and the models all looked the same. In fact I bought a new Chevy Monza in 1975 right off of the show room floor when these cars were first introduced. The best I can tell that Buick Skyhawk was the only model that was available with the Astro roof. If the roof on your car is not cracked are been replaced you have a very rare car and could be a collectable. What I would do if I were you is drive it to the nearest new buick dealer and I'll bet there's some old guy like me that can tell you all about it and tell you if it is as rare as I believe it is. Although, they made quite a few of these cars I don't believe they made very many with the glass roof. There are very few left around in very good shape. I could almost guarantee you that you have a valuable collectors car because the glass was probably broke out of most of them and most of those cars ended up in the junk piles.because they were not as collectable as say the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. I can tell you somthing else about that car and this is why I bought one. They were the first cars to have a double rectangle headlights and came with what they called a 2+2 hatchback.That meant that the rear seats could fold down for storage space.

How many miles does your car have on it and is it a V6 or V8? I sure would hang on to it unless you get a good price offer. I wish I would have kept mine but I traded it off 6 months after I had it for a conversion Van because that was the coolest thing then. I hope I have helped you and If you want the website where I found some info about your car.I will give it to you.

Back