Does Messianic Judaism take away from the distinctness of Judaism and Christianity?

Bekka

Aug 29, 2008
It seems like Christianity dressed up in Jewish clothing.
I ask because I am ethnically Jewish but fully Christian by choice. I am not however, a messianic Jew.
I'm explaining this because my choice to accept Christ is my own and I am no less a Christian because I have Jewish heritage.
and I am not special in any respect when compared to my siblings in Christ.

No! There is no such "distinctness". Christianity is Judaism concluded in perfection. And Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of the Hebrew faith. Jesus was a Jew in the flesh, as were hs parents, the apostles and the earliest Christians. A devout Jew wrote this passage:

Hbr 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

==========

Luk 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

======

Jhn 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Messianic Judaism can be useful in reaching out to the Jews and revealing the messiah to them. Keeping the law has no value in redemption. But for Christians understanding the Jewish heritage can be very useful for understanding the people of the bible and their customs like the Passover.

They are just Christians masquerading as Jews to try to convert them.

Since Catholicism came directly from Judaism - as Jesus and the Apostles were all Hebrew - much of it harkens to Judaism.

So no. I don't think it takes anything away.

Back