Does signing apps on symbian removes phone's warranty? like on Nokia N8...?

NitishSharma

Jan 12, 2011
i have purchased a new n8 but as some apps needed to be signed .... i was wondering if signing apps using .cert ad .key that we get from cer.opda removes phone warranty of the IMEI which we have registered from ?

Dude, you must be really slow.

1) Nokia's Ovi Store is full with applications, ready signed. Some free, some commercial. All safe to use. Go get them from http://store.ovi.com

2) Application's signing is a developer's job. You, as an end-user has no business signing anything.

3) By signing an application a developers certifies that a) he is the author of the app, b) the application is good and c) if anything is wrong with it, he takes the responsibility

4) If I am a bad developer, creating a very bad application (malware, or simply poor quality, likely to break the device if used) or if I the application is stolen and I want to remove publisher's information, then and only then I would release an unsigned app

5) Why would you install such an application?

6) Why would you use a strange chinese site to get the certificate?

7) Would you really trust the creepy dudes who run that site that they will handle your IMEI correctly?

8) If those freaks would decide to put in circulation a virus, signed with your IMEI (among others they collect) such application has significant change to get installed on your phone without you noticing, therefore exposing yourself to risk.

9) Now, since you're such a silly indian, the answer is no, signing an application will not invalidate your phone's waranty, but you have above 8 other reasons not to even consider such activity.

Back