Fans of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

mtgcnv67

Oct 18, 2008
In the final scene, when the Dip machine breaks through the brick wall and exposes Toontown, it's then pushed away by a toon-train. Even time I've watched this movie in the last 10 years, I swear I remembering seeing this train somewhere else, but I can't think of where.

For some reason, TNT comes to mind, but I'm not sure if I'm remember right...did TNT ever show TV cartoons for children? It just seems to come to mind when I think about this train, like it was in an ad for the network during children's cartoons when I was a kid (late 80s, early 90s), or maybe part of the "we'll be right back" sessions.

These memories come from back when there were under 30 channels available. In the bay area California, I want to say it was a channel in the teen-numbers.

Does anyone else remember TNT being like this? Am I remembering wrong...was it TBS, Nick, or Cartoon Network where this train (or any train for that matter) was consistently shown in a commercial? Does anyone remember where this train came from?

I think you're thinking of the "USA Cartoon Express," a collection of crummy Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the '70s like "Blue Falcon and Dog Wonder" and "Dastardly and Muttley" that was shown on Sunday mornings (if I remember correctly) during the 1980s and maybe early '90s. The intro showed kids on a train.

TNT, when it first began, used to show a lot of old MGM and Warner Bros. cartoons...it would be an hour or two every weekday around 5 pm, I think. Ted Turner bought up the old MGM library and that included some of Warner Bros' films from the 1930s and 1940s.

What you're describing might have to do with Mickey Mouse's Adventures (the ones in color): there are quite a few episodes of him on a train with his dog Spot. I'm not sure if those cartoons were shown on TNT, but it's Disney, and Disney owns "everything" in the entertainment business. So it's a possibility you remember a promo for a Mickey Mouse Cartoon showing on one of the channels, especially since you mentioned "We'll be right back", which sounds to me like Porky Pig's famous line "That's all folks". Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what you're remembering.

Back