Farting in outer space

In a spacesuit, you wouldn't go anywhere... there'd be no net force. But there may be some gyroscopic effects from the circulating gases.

Assuming no space-suit, I think the issue would be trying *not* to fart in outer space.

This has to be one of the wierdest threads on MAP, and that's saying something!

I agree, given that there is no friction if you farted enough you would eventualy build enough momentum aproach the speed of light and thus achieve time travel.

lol so mexican food and farting in outer space is the formula for time travel! you could be onto something!

I love how MAPPERS give completely serious answers too completely strange questions.

Oh, I can make it so much worse

If you are in a spacesuit and/or spaceship, it slightly raises the methane level in the atmosphere until the atmosphere scrubbing equipment removes it.

what would happen if you burped and farted at the same time?

would you spin violently into a jetwash of somersaults?(sp?)

Uh oh... if we did this then we'd have to listen to more of the same whiney crowd that is on about the uber-deadly Mexican illegals in the US.

Not sure... but I think I have one experiential answer in a book at home somewhere. Pogue's "How do you go to the bathroom in space?"

Back