Gay Puppetmasters: Isaiah Washington Breaks Silence Again, Explains How T.R. Knight I

G

GlenM

isaiah-smile.jpg
Breaking his silence about his controversial firing from Grey's Anatomy for at least the third time in the two weeks since ABC made showrunner Shonda Rhimes do their dirty work, Isaiah Washington granted an exclusive interview with KeithBoykin.com, further elaborating on yesterday's Houston Chronicle air-clearing about nemesis T.R. Knight's alleged role in orchestrating the actor's dismissal from TV's top-rated, hot-doctors-getting-it-on drama. Said Washington about Knight's behind-the-scenes machinations on the Grey's set:
According to Washington, "He had led me to believe that Patrick Dempsey was so abusive and so horrible to people in a two and half hour conversation on the plane. For two and a half hours, this boy talked me ear off, Keith, about how horrible Patrick Dempsey is and how he needs to be removed from the show. And in my argument, the irony of it is that Patrick happened to show some behavior that was very in line with what T.R. was telling me on the plane and I challenged T.R. to deny it or say this isn't true."​
He went on: "All the dirty macking he gave me about Patrick Dempsey led me to believe that Patrick was trying to treat me in a disrepectful manner in the same kind of manner apparently accorded to T.R. that Patrick had treated him. And even to this day, Patrick Dempsey and T.R. still have a rift and are still not on speaking terms. They do not talk to each other...I know Patrick Dempsey has supported me by stating that if there is anyone that needs to be fired it is T.R. Knight because he has created such a negative environment on that set because he felt like he has not been treated and giving the same kind of leading man type of story lines that have been given to Patrick and Isaiah. He felt like his character has been treated very caricatureish and dopey. That's why you see his character changing so signifcantly...This is something that T.R. Knight has been trying to do and using the incident of the so-called F-word that was targeted at him, which is a flat out lie, to blackmail the writers into doing his bidding, and it's not working. The producers are not happy about it, and quite frankly, they think something has gone awry with T.R. Knight... But all of them, including the producers all the way up to Touchstone, are not happy."And let me be clear Keith. All of this I'm saying to you has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he's gay. He came out October 19 as purely a tactical move to do exactly what he did, get public opinion in an outrage to lead him to believe that he is being picked on because he is gay. He could care less about the gay community."​
If true, Knight is truly some kind of genius-level manipulator, capable not only of maneuvering McDreamy pawns around the chessboard of the Grey's Anatomy set at will, but of coopting the media for his nefarious ends, tricking People into throwing him a coming-out party and The Advocate into establishing him as the gentle, crippled-Labrador-nuzzling icon of a new generation of openly gay actors. If this is indeed the case, it could be good news for Washington, as Velvet Mafia don David Geffen will probably have the too-ambitious Knight disappeared to a community theater in rural Nebraska before he's able to bring any more of Hollywood under his sway.
</img>

More...

Back