gossip versus prayer requests where do you draw the line?

art_flood

Apr 22, 2008
at our church these women go around telling everyone everything to everybody under the guise of prayer requests - and they are firm about the fact that they are seeking prayer support for the person, and I really believe they are, but does everybody need to know these things? Usually whenever a woman is hurting she goes and tells the entire world,but it isn't appropriate a lot of the time, and to me it's 100% gossip. My understanding of the Bible concerning gossip is that if a person isn't a part of the problem or a part of the solution it's gossip. One could argue that if they are telling people to seek prayer support for them then it's ok. But I think it's gossip. But where do you draw the line. And the leadership of the church thinks it is ok for a woman to go and blab to the entire world and they are perfectly ok with that.
I think it's sin and I think the people involved need to be disciplined. what do you think?

Women talk. Don't worry about it.

You won't shut us up no matter who gets disciplined.

it sucks, but that's our wiring.

If someone gossips at you, hold up a hand and say "stop; dont tell me what, just tell me who, and I'll pray for them."

Back