Has anyone ever had any problems with internet connections on their laptop? Im

AaronS

May 22, 2008
having several problems.? I recently bought an HP Pavilion laptop and a Netgear wireless router. I have everything set up, and I am able to connect to the internet and browse web pages, but something just doesn't seem right with my connection. For instance, I installed Microsoft Office 2007 onto my laptop, and now whenever I open it, it asks me if I would like to register it through the internet. When I click OK, it comes back and says something about a communication error, and that it cant connect to the internet. Another problem is that I downloaded LimeWire music sharing, and whenever I try and open that, it tells me that there is something wrong with my internet connection. It also says that I am behind a firewall and do not accept firewall transfers. I have tried turning the firewall off, and also allowed LimeWire to get through the firewall, and that hasn't worked. Im also getting these same messages whenever I try and install certain windows and security updates. I tried contacting HP and seeing if they could help me through the problem, but they didn't accomplish anything. Something just doesn't seem right. Like I said, I can open internet explorer and browse google, yahoo, etc. But it seems that any other application that needs an internet connection isn't communicating properly, or something. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing everything, I changed the settings on my router several times, and nothing has worked. I think it has something to do with the settings I have on this laptop. I was wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this, and could give me some tips on how to make it work. Its been really frustrating, and I am out of ideas. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Back