Help: Cat Trouble

The flaps that only let your cat in are only £25, cheaper than a priest, how you going to stop him coming back all the time?

http://www.petdoorsonline.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Cat_Flaps_28.html

I used to have this model of a black cat, with marbles for eyes. I put it in my garden so no cats would come in. A Rottweiler would be more effective though .

Looks good - I wonder how much it would cost to rig up a camera just to see that other cat run straight in to...... THUD! ?

This really does work. I had 3 black cats from next door that used to pay a visit until I came home day and my hamster had been eaten. So I got a water pistol, and shot any cat that came in the garden.
Haven't seen any of them for a while

If you have an open cat flap and not at home during the day, you really should think about getting one that only lets your cat in. Can't think of anything better, short of killing the thing. Which wouldn't be very nice.

He's for the holy water, but a bottle of scotch should buy you a priest for the day

You speak for yourself. Water punishment is VERY entertaining!
My cat is completely deaf so any kind of noise-based telling-off ie shouting is pointless. The temptation to use it for entertainment rather than disciplinary purposes is strong.

And speaking from bitter experience, water pistols LEAK, unless you spend a lot of money on them. I heartily recommend plant misters. You can set them to stream instead of spray and you get a nice jet of water that goes a fair distance. They can sit happily on your coffee table without covering everything in water. It's very effective.

oh wow, is it suitable to be used on teenagers who rev their mopeds outside next door's window at 3am?

No idea about the cat, everyone else has covered my suggestions.

My son has something similar, water fights are different nowadays, lots of tears and angry parents.

Best water pistol when I was young was a washing up liquid bottle.

Used one of those back-pack garden weedkiller things once, got into trouble because I didn't empty it first.

Back