Honda CT70 transmission troubles?

DonR

Jul 7, 2008
Look at a shop manual and get some tools. You'll have to take the engine off the frame. You'll have to take the engine cases apart to get at the transmission.This is a pretty involved job. The transmission is not separate. All you can probably get at if the clutch and carburetor without removing the engine from the frame. Any Honda shop should be able to take care of this quickly. They'd probably laugh with glee to get such a small job. Your CT70 is worth fixing, if it can be fixed.

Well i have an early 1970's honda ct70 trail. The gears are messed up and i was wondering if there was a way to get to the transmission of the bike without taking off the entire mission. And how do you get to it. the front sprocket is locked onto the bike.

no there is not....cases will have to be taken apart and this motor is a bit complicated...to save yourself some money whatch e-bay for an engine....or do what I did and replace engine with a lifan engine....the little bike in my profile pic is a honda z50r and I put a 90cc lifan engine in it for about 200.00 dollars....they bolt right into a ct70

Back