How can Christians Prove to Be a Real Follower of Christ?

Separation from society due to the evil therein is one of the basic themes of the New Testament;a theme that is totally ignored by most ministers who are up to their ears in worldly activities themselves.In fact many ministers embrace involvement with the world,especially politics.

God gives evidence to those whom have been selected for salvation by giving them one or more spiritual gifts from the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:8-10

8 To one person the Spirit gives the ability to give wise advice; to another the same Spirit gives a message of special knowledge. 9 The same Spirit gives great faith to another, and to someone else the one Spirit gives the gift of healing. 10 He gives one person the power to perform miracles, and another the ability to prophesy. He gives someone else the ability to discern whether a message is from the Spirit of God or from another spirit. Still another person is given the ability to speak in unknown languages, while another is given the ability to interpret what is being said.

Feed the hungry.
Clothe the naked.
Shelter the homeless.
Visit the sick and infirm.
Visit those who are in prison.
Educate the ignorant.
Comfort the lonely.

Don't brag about any of these things, just do them.
If people ask why you do these things,
tell them you do these things because Jesus taught us all to do such things.
Then ask if the person with whom you are talking needs help of any kind.
If he needs help, try to help him.
Do so out of your love for Jesus Christ, who is God.

I am Roman Catholic.
Peace be with you.

We don't have to prove to anyone that we are real followers of Christ because God knows who belongs to Him. We love all people because God first loved us. This is what real love is: God loved and still does love us. When we know this deep within ourselves we would not be loving the things of this world nor believe that the things of and within this world, would make us happy. As such, we would not pursue the things in this world to make us happy because we know, that it is God who makes us happy and He is eternal. He will eternally provide for us and love us.

1.The world is where the enemy is the prince. The Devil is also known as the prince of air, the father of lies. Worldly things.
John 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.
Some attributes of a Real Follower
Mark 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
Matthew 7:20 Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions.
1 Cor 13:02 if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

2. James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Things of the world.
We are to as believers: Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"

I hope that's clear. Let me know if you have further questions

Back