How can I strengthen my relationship with Christ?

CourtneySledge

Feb 19, 2013
I am currently taking a world religions course and although this is a well taught class and I enjoy it, I have found my self doubting God's existence as a result of it. I am 17 years old and I miss the relationship that I had with my Heavenly Father. How can I restore my faith and is it normal to have these doubts?

Studying of many religions is bound to lead to doubts about all of them.Christians should confine their study to the Bible.It's not as if there isn't enough material there!Once you eliminate other religions from your mind,this is a good prayer to use for a few days to draw close to God:

Lord Jesus Christ, I know I am a sinner and do not deserve eternal life.
But I believe You died and rose from the grave to take the rap for me and
with your love and forgiveness purchase a place in heaven for me.
Lord Jesus,I want to ask you to come into my life, take control of my life,
forgive my sins and save me for eternity.
I sincerely ask forgiveness for my sins and I now place my trust in you for
my salvation.
Savior I want to accept your free gift of eternal life now.
Please in your mercy save me Lord and fill me with your Holy Spirit.
I am now ready for you Lord.Take me and make me able to serve you and to
live my life for you and to become ever more pleasing to God.
I now am yours Jesus.Take my being and make me part of God's family.
Through your Holy Spirit help me to love God with my whole heart.
Thank you for this Jesus.Thank you for bringing your peace and love to me.
Now take me to your cross Jesus.I want to worship and serve you forever.
Thank you for becoming my Savior.I love you so much Lord."
John 11:25–27
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ.

By not speaking in church. "God" commands it lol.

1 Corinthian 14

"34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

How loving and tolerant he is!

1 Corinthians 14

"34 Let your elephant keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to trumpet; but
It is written:

they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will flap their ears at any thing, let them flap their ears toward their husbands at home: for it is a shame for elephants to trumpet in the church."

god wont give you what you want, hes all for himself and he gets jealous when you serve other things, serve satan, he will give you your desires of what you want instead of being brainwashed by the bible which is not written by god but by man, so clearly hints

To regain your faith you must reaffirm your conviction that magic is real. It helps if you consider anything that you don’t know or understand to have a magical cause.

we all have doubts from time to time if why try to reason God with our minds we must follow our hearts. Read the bible and ask God to give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation to know Him better

Same way you develop a relationship with Harry Potter or Batman. Read stories about the character and let your mind simulate it as an agency, while avoiding a suspension of disbelief. Then you can have a relationship with the simulated character, if you really care to use the word "relationship" in such a shallow sense.

To get back to Christ, stop thinking. Faith is the choice to believe something that doesn't make sense and that is difficult if you have an education. Your best bet is to quit school because the more education you have, the less likely you are to believe in God.

These doubts are your brain wanting evidence. Don't be concerned with this embrace it. Don't be a sheep look for proof before believing things. Use your education!

It's important for us to draw close to Jehovah, and you can definitely do this by meditating on his Word. Psalm 143:5 says "I have remembered days of long ago; I have meditated on all your activity;
I willingly kept myself concerned with the work of your own hands."
Reflecting on Jehovah's creation can really help you draw close to him. Through his creation we can see his qualities such as love, wisdom, justice, and power.

I hope this helped :)

Back