How do Auto Loans Work?

john

Sep 3, 2007
They grudgingly give you a pittance, and you pay them back in triplicate over the next decade.

They grudgingly give you a pittance, and you pay them back in triplicate over the next decade.

Hi everyone, I appreciate you taking the time out to answer this question for me. Ok, so lets get started, I'm in the market place for a used vehicle, I already know exactly what car I want it's a 2009 Ford Mustang Gt (Hot!!!). But I'm not buying it for a couple more months when I know exactly how my new job is going to work out and how many hours I'll be working on a regular. But I have this simple question and have looked all over the internet and nobody has given me the answer in the way I needed it to be answered. My question is, if you get an auto loan and go to the dealership to purchase the car, who will you be paying each month or will you be paying a monthly payment for the loan itself and nothing else. I'm thinking that I'll be paying two payments every month one for the loan and one for the dealership. If thats the case I don't want a car and I'll just drive the same old beat up 95 Eclipse I have. Can somebody please explain the process to me because I'm so LOST!!!!

Heres how it works. When you finance the car, the bank pays the dealership for the car. You will be paying the bank back in payments. You will be making one monthly payment per month to the bank

Back