How do I get U-verse, DirecTV or Dish Network installed right !!?

WindyCityKitty

Nov 23, 2010
I am moving to a house that has never been wired for any kind of satellite or cable for TV reception. Where I am living now I have DirecTV which I like except when the weather is bad and I would be ok to go with that at the new house for my new HDTV. But I already know how DirecTV installs stuff. Punches holes though the brick of the house and then wraps wire around the building for the other TV or runs wires along the woodwork from room to room.
There's got to be a better way. I'm thinking of going with U-verse because I'm thinking that that runs using the existing phone wiring in the house. I may not be understanding that right. Also I need a new phone line run into a bedroom and I'm sure AT&T can fish a line. Not so sure about the DirecTV third party installers. I would like to be able to have a wireless network in the house but only U-verse seems to provide that. DirecTV doesn't.
Ok, so to make a long story short. I don't want cables wrapped all around my house and running along the woodwork. I want wall outlets where each TV can be plugged in, ie., I want someone who will fish cable. There is a basement when most of the ceiling is not covered so the access shouldn't be too bad.
So my question is, which of these companies will do what I want. Which will do a better job of fishing cables and doing a proper installation. I know fishing cables isn't covered by the "standard professional installation" included with these plans. But how should I approach this. Is one company better at this or more willing to fish cables? Will some of them absolutely not do it? Or should I hire an electrician(what kind) to do this work? I can't do it myself.
I've tried reading up on this and I can't get any really good answer. I live in the Chicago area. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated. Thanks

Back