How Do I Take Care Of My Red Eared Slider Turtle?

SandraP1

Jul 9, 2008
I Have Two Red Eared Slider Turtles, I Got Them For My Nine Year Old Daughter For Xmas,i Think The Guy At The Pet Store Dooped Me. The More I Am Reading About Them,the More I Just Get Discusted. I Feel Bad For These Turltles And Want To Give Them A Good Home. I Told Him I Wanted To Baby Turtles,i Told Him I Have A 25 Gallon Tank,i Paid 25.00 A Piece For These.when I Went To Pick Up The Turtles Boy Was I Shocked,the Bill Came To 175.00 And I Already Had The Tank,plus The Turtles Are About 5-6 Inches In Length,from What I Have Found They Seem To Be About 3??? I Told Him I Wanted A Boy And Girl,he Said I Wont Be Able To Tell Because They Are So Young,when I Picked Them Up He Turned Them Upside Down And Said"well,it Seems You Have Two Boys" What In The World!!!!! Their Claws Are Sharp And There Speed Is Unbelievable.my Daughter Couldn't Hold Them If She Wanted.i Am So Upset And Want To Give Them The Best Home I Can,but I Don't Know How.also They Havent Eaten Since Monday And Its Now Friday. I Am Feeding Them Repto Mini Turtle Sticks. Help Me. I Also Read That They Shouldnt Be Handled.

Back