How good is this road bike?

lovethatdirtywater

Jul 29, 2008
I'm not too read-up on road bikes but I want to start riding. Have been looking for a few months now and I came across this bike. I just wanted someone who knew a lot about road bikes to tell me what grade components this bike offers and how it stacks up to, say a Specialized Allez or Trek 1.2??

Heres what it has:

Frame: Pulse tig welded, Aluminum
Fork: Chromoly Steel 700c
Shifters: Shimano SIS Index System
Front Derailleur: Shimano
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney SIS Index
Crankset: ProWheel 170mm Forged Alloy 52-40
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Freewheel: Shimano MF-TZ07 7 speed
Chain: KMC Z
Hubs: Assess
Rims: Hengli 700c Doubled Walled Machined Sides
Tires: Kenda 700c x 23c
Brake Levers: Promax
Brakes: Promax
Headset: Neco
Handlebar: Promax
Saddle: Wader Ergo
Seatpost: Promax
Stem: Promax (Adjustable)

THANK YOU!

I'm afraid to say this bike sounds very poor. It doesn't sound like it has the conventional integrated shifters with the brake levers and the Shimano Tourney range is scraping the bottom of the barrel of bike components.

I would *strongly* suggest looking for a 2nd hand deal on a 1-2 year old Reynolds 531 Steel or Aluminium bike. Once you get more into road cycling you *will* want to upgrade and there's not much point in upgrading the components as it will amount to more than the bike was originally worth.

The Tourney derailleur is JUNK. It's what you'd find on Walmart bikes.7 speeds are out-dated on a road bike.
I believe the Trek 1.2 replaced the 1000. A lower end road bike.
Trek makes more than one Allez model. But it's the best of the one's you've mentioned.

Back