How Much Is It To Paint My 1991 Toyota Mr2 Red?

Royal

Jul 15, 2008
Ok so I have a couple questions so please help me out!! Ok so Hear are my questions and Ill just list them out.
1) How much would it cost to repaint my car red. Its already red but the clear coat is coming off and the paint is slightly fading.
2) I know Maaco is considered ttteeeerrriiibble but I dont really have the money. Could they do a good job if you legitimately just stay on there @$$ throughout the whole process?
3) If I have to I might paint the car myself but was wondering could you just pay a shop to do the prep for you but not paint?
4) How much would it cost if I did all the prep work and just handed it to the shop to paint.
5) Is there anyway I wouldn't have to sand the car down since only really the clear coat is coming off?

Well those are the only questions I can think of right now and your help would be great!! I'm just asking because I have this real nice Toyota mr2 with a wide body kit my dad just bought me but no money to put into the paint as of now. (Im 18 going into college) But yeah your help would be GREAT on what the best way of going about this is. Basically the car is nice but the paint needs a little work. I just want it to look good. Not exactly show room amazing but...well good you know and also durable. If I did decide to go with maaco is there paint good? And if not could I give them the paint I would want them to use? Idk so many questions but all I need is guidance on how to approach this and if you could answer those questions above that would be great. Thanks!!!

Back