How much to Pack for 5 days?

sagara

Jul 4, 2010
I'm terrible at overpacking.
I need some tips and advice on how to manage what I bring.

I'll be traveling to Cambodia for a week in April. I want to pack as light as light as possible. If at all possible; carry on only. (this might not be possible for me because of the amount of camera equipment i tend to bring on these international trips).

Please help me by adding to this list of guidelines I'm hoping to follow:
1) Only bring 2 small cameras (all medium formats and large format cameras will remain at home) One digital, one film; each will be each other's backup. Although I'm tempted to bring a second film camera. Fuji X100, M3, (50mm + 21mm) (Fuji EFX20 - the only flash unit and no backup)
note: believe it or not; this is me carrying light. My typical walk around camera would be a Mamiya C330 TLR + Flash + batteries + X100. Or a Polaroid 110B Or even a field camera sometimes + plus a tripod and maybe light modifiers.
2) 4 T-shirts - Is there a way to reuse t-shirts without stinking?
3) 5 pairs of underwear and socks
4) two jeans, one shorts
5) one shoes
6) quick dry towel
7) toothbrush and paste (toilitries)
8) ipad (and i'll leave the laptop at home) --> or is it a good idea to drop it from this list?
9) maps and travel guides
10) a light jacket for those cooler nights.

All seem ok but take two tee shirts and three tank tops and a light jacket. and bring extra walking shoes. make sure your jacket is water proof. instead of bringing maps just download them on to your i pad. you can't travel light into an other country. you never know what could go wrong.

Back