I am a Messianic Jew -- I do not want to return to Orthodox Judaism - What...

FrankH

Jul 5, 2008
...should I tell my critics? This morning I received an email regarding one of my questions on Messianic Judaism. It tells me I am an apostate and I should return to the religious affiliation of my parents.

Would you ignore this correspondence, or how would you answer it?

Jews are Jewish by birthright, matters not if you do or do not believe in YHVH, or if your beliefs on the identity of the Messiah differ from the main; do all rabbi agree on all Torah or Tanakh?. If homosexuals, atheists, and every other self-interest group is Jew by birthright, so are you. The time is coming, and now is, that all Jews will learn of a paradigm from Moshe which connects all Scripture and Moedim like nothing before it; then those with understanding will confess the "Suffering Servant Messiah," Yshua haMashiac. Elyahu will restore the fathers of the faith to the Christian offspring and the hearts of the children to their Hebrew forefathers. In fact, the food has ready been prepared and ready to be served on the tables of the hearts. Elijah makes the tools of the Spirit rest upon the waters of the Word for the expansion of the Kingdom of God. And Elijah is called to increase the oil of the Spirit and anoint the poor at heart. He raises the Son to life for wife of G-d. So be prepared, for you do not know when he is speaking to you and preparing the Bride.

If it were me, I wouldn't respond. There's no point to you responding. You are an apostate Jew according to Jewish law. You don't necessarily have to return to your parent's affiliation - you can find one that works for you. But you cannot believe that Jesus was your savior and still consider yourself Jewish - again, according to Jewish law. What if I was to say that I want to be an Non-Messianic Christian - I want to wear a cross and follow the rules, but I just don't want to believe in a Messiah. Would that be okay with you?

Why is it that the Jewish religion is the only one that people think they can change or find new rules for or just put on like a new suit.

I don't know what to do about the letter, but you *are* a Christian, so please stop using the word "Jew" in describing yourself.

"I am a Messianic Jew -- I do not want to return to Orthodox Judaism - What should I tell my critics?"
Tell them the TRUTH - tell them you're xian.
No such thing as messianic judaism.
Is there anything like messianic islam?
Or messianic buddhism?
Or messianic hinduism?
No, no, no.

You're just a xian dressing up as a jew and giving jews a bad name...
But that's the idea isn't it.
To attack Jews from the 'inside'.
~

Back