I am interested in learning how to hunt.?

noob

Jun 4, 2008
Can anyone tell me how I get started, what gear do I need to buy? Do I need a license to be able to hunt during the season. etc. etc?

Here is the best thing you can do. Get someone that hunts that lives close to you, and get them to mentor you on all the different aspects of hunting.This would be the most effective means of learning.And perhaps they will even take you on a few hunts.A hunter will generally share his knowledge with a beginner, because if newer hunters are not recruited into the ranks of hunting, our numbers will drop and will no longer be a political factor and we then will have no one to represent us. I know that all of us on this venue is ate up with hunting , but we are now less then 10% of the population. We need new hunters in our ranks.Thanks for being interested in hunting. Good luck to you!

Here is the best thing you can do. Get someone that hunts that lives close to you, and get them to mentor you on all the different aspects of hunting.This would be the most effective means of learning.And perhaps they will even take you on a few hunts.A hunter will generally share his knowledge with a beginner, because if newer hunters are not recruited into the ranks of hunting, our numbers will drop and will no longer be a political factor and we then will have no one to represent us. I know that all of us on this venue is ate up with hunting , but we are now less then 10% of the population. We need new hunters in our ranks.Thanks for being interested in hunting. Good luck to you!

Back