i hav a old laptop the is dead and it wont charge how can i transfer my...

Arpan

Feb 24, 2010
connect your Old system to Power Adapter. Since battery is dead so it wont charge but will work like a normal desktop. Copy your data to an external drive/ burn on DVD and xfer it to new system.

Alternatively, you can take old hard disk, get it into a new casing and connect via USB to your new system

...music to my new one? my old laptop wont hold a charge and it way to much to fix so i just bought a new one and its still to much money to get the music and pic from my old one but im told it can be done even if the old one will not power up. how can i do this myself? please help the

Can you still turn it on? What I would do is get an external hard drive and save all my music and everything else in it. Then I'd plug it into the new laptop and transfer the files there. If you don't have an external hard drive, I recommend getting one. If something ends up happening to your new laptop,you won't have to worry about how you're going to transfer your files to another one, since everything will be in your external hard drive.

Back