i have a 1989 Ford Bronco & its not starting anymore?

DonR

Jul 7, 2008
If water gets IN the alternator it will make a dead short, then bye- bye alternator. You may be lucky and just have water and mud in a loose connnection, insulating it from doing its job of moving power from the battery.

If water gets IN the alternator it will make a dead short, then bye- bye alternator. You may be lucky and just have water and mud in a loose connnection, insulating it from doing its job of moving power from the battery.

i took it muddin' a couple of days ago & i got stuck in a big ol' water hole & after that i've been having problems with it about 1 day later it broke down on me & i lifted up the hood & the solenoid was smoking....now when i try to start it, it just makes a grinding or clicking noise.
by the way i replaced the solenoid & the wire that runs from the solenoid to the starter but its still not starting up.

Back