I have a second appointment with UPS to tour their facility and be introduced to a manager. Any advice?

t~God~Bless~t

Mar 20, 2008
I have a second appointment with UPS to tour their facility and be introduced to a manager. Any advice?

It sounds to me like this could be my potential manager and this introduction to this manager is a chance for him/her to size me up and decide whether or not he/she should have me on board. I'd like to know what can I expect from this tour, how can I make an amazing first impression and what questions should I ask in order to help me make this amazing first impression?I you have gone through this process before, could you please tell me what it is like? Thanks for your answers so far, they are really great.

Make sure you smile! A smile is a friendly gesture. Dress professionally. When you are introduced, make sure you shake hands and say "Hi nice to meet you." when you leave say "It was nice meeting you." Just be friendly.

My Fiance works at UPS as a part time supervisor. He told me when he went into talk to the manager, the first thing the manager commented on was his "firm handshake". Haha! So just be confident and be yourself. If you know you are ready for the job, let them know it.

having worked for UPS seasonal last year I see that to be good UPS material you MUST lie, cheat, shirk work onto othersand I saw this going on while working with a guy who has been with UPS for 23 years

Just dress nice, be polite and confident!! A second interview is good. I hope its not part time. Where I am from, they seem to do alot of part time hiring and laying off. I would go for Fedex or USPS if delviery experience.Good luck!!

Back