I HAVE A VIRUS that I THINK uploaded by its self on my computer, prob b/c...

dandelion:]

Apr 20, 2010
...I downloaded the DIVX VIDEO PLAYER? PLEASE GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP ME WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS MESS?

The reason I think this, is because I do not remember ever downloading a "Security Internet Anti-virus"...(it was called something like that)
I also think this program is a Virus because it does not let me open ANY browser if my computer is not on safe mode, of yourself. I am typing this right now b/c it is in safe mode. If it wasn't on safe mode, I wouldn't be able to up open any browser because of the irritating Fake Anti-Virus not letting me do so. This virus program is also not installed in my "Programs in Features",( where it uninstall programs) So I have NO IDEA how to get rid of it if it's uninstall-able!
EDIT:
Uh, Genna, Are you talking about the add/remove programs such as the "uninstall" ones? I just said I tried looking for it, the clone anti-virus isn't even installed and yet it still works and I have no way to get rid of it.

You have a rouge program called Security Protection....which is a clone of Malware Protection....both have the same removal guides..........

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-malware-protection

You did not get a Virus from Divx Video Player cause I Have Divx On my Computer and So does My brother. I would Delete the Virus From the Add Or Remove program In control Panel.

Hope this Helps ?

Back