I have an Atheist dad and Im a follower of Christ?

Cheese

May 21, 2008
Well my dad is Atheist and when I told him I believe in Christ he yelled and yelled. Since then whenever I go to church he gives me a speech about why he's an Atheist and all that. Any advice on what to do to get him off of my bad?
I was born Muslim from my mother's part of the family and she supports me in everything. I have her aproval and she is proud of me that I go to church and believe in God.

Just sit him down and tell him that he has his beliefs and you have yours for whatever reason they may be.Tell him that you respect the fact that he is an atheist so he should respect that you are a ____ fill in the blank

Tell him hes the one with true faith, If you are wrong then no big deal you lived your life as a person with purpose and morals. If he is wrong there is no do over, eternal damnation would not be fun. If he just wants to look at things logically and without faith, explain to him how much faith is involved in his actions.

i'm an atheist with a a catholic daughter. tell your dad that you love him but you believe what you believe

Tell him you thought it was supposed to be the other way around. Atheists are supposed to be level headed. Not emotional "let's shove this way of thinking down your throat."

Tell your dad to go to church with you and then yell at you if he still thinks what your doing is so horriable. Show him prof of a higher power there is scientific prof... For example: the flagellum cell which works as a machine and cannot function if one part of its machine like structure isnt exsactly inplace working properly. Which mean SOMEONE had to desighn it. THis cell also discredits charles darwin theory of evolution because this cell could not have evolved.

Ask your dad to explain to you why the people the kings and the geographical locations are all acurate. (i have a geographic study bible). ask your dad to explain to you if these events didnt occure why they continued to circulate as fact and ended up in the bible today.

And furthermore, ask your father to explain to you how a man with no athority or money or even a wife or heir for that matter was able to achieve world wide timeless fame. Which is something no war, no king, and no idol or movie star has ever achieved. Jesus is a house hold name. If he was not what the bible says he IS than why would the people around that time peroid discredit his story before it even spread. He was and is real and your father cannot dispute that.

Even if god wasnt real what would you father have to loose in his son or daughter being a christian... Doesnt it instill good morals and being good nd kind to EVERYONE and loving EVERYONE.... you wont have sex, do drugs, make bad choices, or treat people bad. I mean lol what really is his problem?

Now, you have to go one step further. Please Learn Islam.
When you learn deeper and deeper Islam, your father may get impressed from you.
Know that, the only true religion by Allah(God) is Islam.
Examine it, you won't be upset.
Be a muslim, trust me. You will thank me in the hereafter. I'll pray for your being a muslim. Do not ever die other than being a muslim, will you.
Bye

wow u have to be really couragous to stand up to people like that. Trust God, good on u!
Just ask God what u should do and keep goin to church.

Just don't pound him. If you ever feel that you must mention something he is doing wrong, give him a logical explanation as to why not. This is the way an atheist works. Tell him that you respect his beliefs as a logical theory, but you simply believe they are to flawed.

It is important to let him know that you don't hold anything against him personally, but that this is a choice you have made, and only wish for his best.

ALWAYS PRAY! Seek guidance often. It will help you.

Being familiar with the atheist mind, I can give you some good stuff to tell him. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

just stay true to your beliefs but at the same time dont rule out others. research atheism and try to understand what he believes and ask him to do the same. there should be some common ground eventually

Say that you respect his beliefs, and that you would like it if he could respect yours.

He must not like it if people yell at him for being an atheist. He might have had experiences with that. If he's very cynical of religion (which some atheists are, and some aren't) he might think that you are being brainwashed, or something to that effect.

If he'll listen, tell him why you like going to church, why you believe in Christ. I wouldn't suggest doing this in a factual way, but in more of an emotional way. Say how believing in Christ has made you feel, but don't impose your thoughts onto him (like he was doing to you.)

And if he gets upset with you if for even bring it up, just leave the argument to the first line I said about respecting eachothers' beliefs.

I hope this helps you, and I wish you luck. Don't worry though, I'm sure he'll get over it eventually.

Your dad probably had a bad experience with people from established religious backgrounds and that has colored his experience (and thus his thoughts) about what you will experience.

Tell your dad that being a follower of Christ is a personal choice. Tell him that he doesn't have to believe what you believe just like you don't have to believe what he believes. Tell him you'll love him no matter what, since he's very worried about the way religion tries to create division between people it supposes to bring together.

His rebuke of you is a test. A father's rebuke is a small test on the way to being a true follower of Christ. If you can't handle your father's questions, how will you handle the heavier trials others will put on you? Build your compassion now, stone by stone.

The scripture says if you seek you shall find. If there was some way you could get him to pray to God to reveal himself to him God would. We accept Christ because of a personal relationship with God, and if he would actually try to seek God he might receive some insight.

Also, perhaps if you showed him some of the amazing prophecies that have come true in scripture. The book of Daniel, written over 500 years before Christ, predicted the exact year of the arrival of Jesus the Messiah.

Daniel 9 says you are to count 69 X 7 from the command to restore Jerusalem until the coming of the Messiah.

Daniel 9:25, "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times."

The Hebrew literally says "sevens," translated as weeks. If you count these sevens as years, 69 X 7 = 483 years. The command to restore Jerusalem was given in the seventh year of Artaxerxes reign (Ezra 7:8-13). Historians date that as 457 BC. If you count 483 years from that date, understanding there is no year 0, it comes to AD 27.

In Acts 10:37-38 Jesus didn't begin his ministry as the Messiah until his baptism. According to Luke 1 this event was in the 15th year of Tiberias. Tiberias was ruling over the Syrian province at that time, and according to the Syrian calendar his 15th year was AD 27.

Messiah literally means "anointed one." Jesus didn't receive this anointing until his baptism. Acts 10:37-38 states, "that word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him."

So, Jesus fulfilled the prophecy in Dan. 9 which predicted 483 years from the command to restore Jerusalem until the coming of the Messiah, which comes to AD 27, the year Jesus was anointed to be the Messiah at his baptism.

Daniel 9:26 states, "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself. . . ." That is after the first 7 weeks; so, after those 69 X 7 Messiah is "cut off." Isaiah 53:8, ". . . for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken."

Dan. 9:24 lists among the things completed as part of these 70 weeks is, ". . . to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness. . . ."

Isaiah 53:12, "because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

Psalms 22:16-18 states, ". . . they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."

In the NT they cast lots to divide up Jesus' clothes while he hanged on the cross.

Back