i live in phoenix..a friend and i are planning a trip to seattle washington we...

Traveler

May 25, 2008
...also want to drive down ? the coast through oregon and catch a flight back to phx via lax
we are considering flying from phx to lax since we travel to so cal all the time and are familiar with the scenery, besides it would save us 5 hours driving time
help us out
you know where we are starting from (phx) and where were going to
(seattle)
now give us some input
best time to fly
do we want to fly to seattle from phoenix and get a one way car rental back to lax
fly into lax and drive to seattle and drive back to lax
blah blah blah
thanks for the help

If you want to see Seattle and the Washington/Oregon coast, August and September are your best bets. Fly from Phoenix to Sea-Tac airport in Seattle (the code is SEA) and then you can drive down either I-5 (the main N-S freeway) or divert over to 101, which is the coastal freeway.

101 has more to see on the coast, but it will be much slower as it has 25 mph speed zones and tons of lights. I-5 is the direct freeway between Seattle and LA.

I would start off by doing more research about what exactly you want to see. If you truly want to see the coast, I would give yourself 1-2 weeks so you have the time to stop in all the great towns along 101.

Good luck and have fun! The west coast is amazing!

Back