I may be getting a new computer soon. What are the basics for speedy Internet use?

urob8

Feb 20, 2008
My old computer was five years old and finally bit the dust. I use my computer mainly for word processing, net surfing, and music. I have DSL. What are the basic minimum system requirements for a fast Internet connection?

wel none realybut for a fast usei would say an intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz at least 2gbs of ram and a cheap video card £30

very low specs are ok for a fast internet connection.(ex. any computer after 2000 will do)The only thing you need for a fast internet connection is a fast internet connection

I agree - i helped my younger bro sell off his 5 year old P4 and before that i tried surfing on it and do simple office work and it still does more than ok actually! For smooth/speedy internet:1) Try to get 1-3MBps broadband unlimited connection2) Regular maintainance with anti virus, anti spyweare/adware and defrags3) Ccleaner is good and simple to clear your trash4) Using Firefox or Opera as internet browser (i use both :p)Now for the hardware part: A cheap dualcore wither AMD/Intel would do but i would go with the new 780G chipset motherboards cos you can do so much more stuff with just integrated graphics! With video in case you think i am fibbing :pNew 780G motherboards with world's most powerful integrated graphics!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcbGV6Pfb6QSuggested configuration:AMD 5400+ 2.8ghz brisbane dual core = $99Artic Cooling 64 pro cpu cooler = $20Asus 780G = $904GB (2 x 2) Geil Value series ddr2 800 RAMs = $65 (mir)Seagate 500GB/32mb cache = $120Liteon DVD Burner = $23Apevia X-Pack mATX shoebox casing with 420W PSU = $60Total = $477, prices off Newegg.com

Back