I plugged my PSP-3000 into a 12 volt plug and it wont charge anymore on its AC

ChrisH

May 14, 2008
adapter.? I was on a school field trip and I was using my battery pack to charge my PSP and one of my friend's dvd player at the same time. It just so happened that both of the plugs looked virtualy identical and with my luck, I grabed the wrong one to plug into my PSP. There wasn't any problem with it going into the slot, so I didn't notice until after the damage was done. I checked to make sure that my AC adapter wasn't bad with a volt meter and it showed that is was fine, but whenever I plug it in, the charging indicator doesn't do anything and the system won't power up. So since my warrenty was already gone on my PSP, I cracked it open to see what may have happened. The fuse is fine but the circuit is broken somewhere else within the charging system. I noticed that what looked like a mini resistor looked as if it had been melted but I couldn't tell. What could be the problem?

Have you tried plugging it in with the battery removed? On my old fat psp I once tried to charge it with a video camera charger. Oddly enough it was the same size port. Anyway the battery basically got fried sparks and everything. However upon removing the battery I could still power up the PSP as long as it was plugged in. All I needed to do was purchase a new $20 battery.

i think you know whats wrong. i can see you know a thing or two about electrical. If i remember correctly, the psp charger was 6v(volts). So, maybe your shorted your psp or the battery is messed up. I would get another battery from a friend maybe and test it out. if it still doesnt work than oh well :/

Back