I was looking a burnouts and got confused...can you help?

AlistairD

Jul 10, 2008
I thought when you engaged the engine of a RWD Manual car and pressed the brake pedal the car stalled... so how does it work?!
Can someone please help!
Okay, re-phrasing this, I KNOW how to do a burnout, i've seen the videos, but WHY does it work?!
I always thought when engaging the engine and pressing the break at the same time the car stalls, why does it not stall here? and on the videos?

to break torque a manual you need to gas, break , and clutch all at the same time . to do a burn out rev it up and dump the clutch while in 1st gear. simple

Yeah, doing a burnout on a rear wheel drive car with the car remaining stationary is all about balance of forces

The cars brake bias is biased to the front brakes so when you apply the brakes there is more force on the front brakes.

When you pop the clutch and get the wheels spinning, you then quickly flick your left foot over to the brake pedal and apply a moderate force.

This will if done correctly give you sufficient braking to hold the car still because wheels that are spinning don't have much grip and the fronts are held by you braking.

You will need to practise in an open space to start with but with a little practise you will find it really easy, you can then go further by feathering the brake pedal to allow the car to move a little and set the car into slow do-nuts etc.

Have fun ;)

Back