ideal street racing car

You didn't specify if it was road racing or not. Looks like it from the responses. Or is everyone young? Young guys don't know what fast cars are like. Ya'll got cheated because they stopped making real fast cars around 1973 or so. Smog controls and fuel efficiency.

As for the car

67 SS RS camaro, 454 big block chevy, MSD ignition, Holley carb, Headers, Centerline rims, 6 speed Doug Nash transmission, Centerforce Clutch, Lakewood bulletproof bellhousing, 3.31 rear end gears, fold down rear seat, bench front seat. Sitting next to it right this minute. The precursor to this one that I sold used to do burn outs with 31 inch slicks at the tap of the gas pedal. I can't take that kinda rowdiness no more so this car has regular tires on it.

hmmm.. stopped making fast cars in 1973.... I dont think so.

I had a 98 Camaro SS. It made 305 NET horsepower. That would have been more than 450 GROSS horsepower in pre-1973 terms.

A lot of older people cant get it thru their head that todays cars make more power and can make a LOT more power than "muscle-cars" of the 1960's and early 70's.

And dont even try to argue against it. Just research and get the facts straight.

A orange robin reliant, lowered 2 inches, full skirt, 20" rims, kwik fit remoulds as shoes, a pair of furry dice in the window and a magic tree in the back, pure gold!

Good to see a convert!!

Trust me, there is method in my madness, its a very light car so any power developed is not wasted moving heavy lumps of metal, plus with only 3 wheels thats more power per wheel so its guranteed to go faster.

Thanks for the belly laugh. "Just research and get the facts straight". HAHAHAHAHA

See, I think you are being snowed. Of course they tell you your car is faster than old cars. Why else would you pay 20,000 for it? That old Camaro? It cost about $5000 brand new. I bought an old one for $2000, an old one for $6000, an old one for $500. I can and could sell any of them at a profit because they are collectors items.

Of course we can't, but I would race your brand new car with "NET" horsepower any day. My car eats just about any new car that tries to play with me and I only have to press the gas pedal down half way with the camshaft barely coming into play. The thing is such a beast that police stop me or follow me when they see the car. They got no reason, but it looks so powerful they are just dying to get me for a ticket.

Last time I got stopped by the terrorist squad, I kid you not. They pull me over for nothing, I jump out pissed off because it happens all the time and I am sick of it. The cop tells me to get in the car. I start walking towards him to tell him off and 3 other cops jump out of the car. I ain't no fool, 4 against one and they got guns? I got back in the car.

Then, get this, one of them goes across the street so they can shoot me thru the front of the window, one of the stands by the passenger door so they can shoot my passenger, one of them stands behind the car so he can shoot both of us while the forth one goes back to call in my drivers license.

So I talked REAL LOUD about how I was an old guy, I broke no laws, and the police are so hopped up on this terror training they want to shoot me and my buddy for nothing. Guess what? They felt so guilty about their bad faith actions that I didn't have to go to court. They wrote both of us tickets to show who was in charge, but the tickets were destroyed later because the cops knew they were wrong and I was right.

Back