If well maintained, how many miles should a Acura Legend 3.2L type II

Ricardo

Jun 3, 2008
engine and trans. run, untill it dies? Acura has 155000 miles on the engine and transmission well maintained engine and transmission just need to replace transmission mouts and AC compressor. Oil change every 2500 - 3000 miles.

Parts do where out, even well maintained ones. its hard to judge just how many miles a car can go because if you replace parts, and maintain it well. then it 'should' last forever. mounts will wear out... they use rubber in their construction. pistons in an engine wear over time as thats metal slapping against metal. even though they are lubricated by oil, they do wear. you replace tires, belts, etc etc because they wear. well ALL the parts in your car will eventually. just some take longer than others. the maintaining only actually prolongs the actual usage of the part. so, good maintenance = a long lasting part(s).

my friend had one, never changed trans fluid ever, but did change engine oil every 4-5k miles. trans lasted til 160k, got it rebuilt and egine still running strong at 215k now. not sure if this helped much. but with most honda/acuras, engines are great, but v6 trans dont ever lasts too long

depends on your driving habits,,as long as you use good oil also and dont use synthetic if it hasnt already been used.. seen way to many motors go to crap when people change to synthetic..oil i regard as good is Castrol GTX...

honestly theres no timed exact milage or years for any car i dont care who makes it just continue to take care of it and it should be around longer than the ones people just drive and if it needs a repair just do it dont let anything go on it or any car

Back