Internet works in safemode but not regular?

colombian_king954

Aug 22, 2008
I upgraded Windows XP to Windows Vista ( again, I did it once then uninstalled it then installed it again yesterday) but everything worked fine but I restarted and now my internet wont work. I cant open Firefox, internet explorer, msn messenger, but my IPconfig works fine. I turned it on in safe mode with networking and the internet works perfectly! Its fast and everything. I tried a system restore and restored it to this morning at 8:19am but when it booted it said that it had been restored to 4:48Pm and it still didnt work... Help please :(
But I dont understand why I would have corrupted files? After i installed Vista for the first time, I didnt just downgrade to XP I did a 100% reformat of the drive THEN installed XP again. So its like I never installed vista in the first place/

Sounds to me like after doing the upgrade, downgrade and then restore you have corrupted your files. the best thing to do is reformat the computer back to XP and then reload the Vista on top of that. I think this is going to give you less of a headack that tying to work that mess out

Back